The Delhi hand-loom guide


Hand-looms are artful and comfortable. Wearable for all ages, they are the most practical buys in your wardrobe. Banaras, the head-quarters for hand-looms, possesses the best of collections. But, there are some good stores in Delhi as well, where you can find a mini Banaras collection.

Here is a list of my favorite stores for hand-loom picks.

1. Ekaya Banaras 
Rooted in Banaras, they inaugurated their first store in Delhi in September 2012. Earlier, I had to go to Banaras to shop from ekaya. But now I have it at my door step :). I bought my wedding lehenga from here and the saree that I am wearing in my profile picture is also from Ekaya.
They have a wonderful collection of hand-loom sarees and suits. Their silks speak out for themselves. My one stop destination for Indian wear.



Contact details
D7 Defense Colony
New Delhi - 110024
Ph - +91 11 41009143
Website - http://ekaya.in
                           
2. Raisons
Set up in South Extension market since the past four decades, they are popular for their endless variety and unmatched quality. Their un-stitched suits and fabrics are love at first sight. I love their collection of banarasi bandhinis and kantha stoles.




Contact Details :
South Extension
E - 4 South Extn II
New Delhi

Gurgaon
UG - 11/12 Grand Mall
Gurgaon


3. Good Earth
 Most of us presume that good earth is a home decor store, but I recently discovered that they also sell contemporary hand-crafted apparels. Some of the brands they stock are Masaba and Raw Mango. I like their collection of skirts and palazzo pants (can't recall the brand of the skirts). They have a store in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and Singapore. Here are the contact details of their Delhi store, rest you can find on their website.




Contact Details
9 ABC Khan Market
New Delhi


4. L'affaire
It is a multi-brand store where you can find the best of hand-looms. They store collections from Gaurav Jai Gupta, Rahul Mishra and many others. But, they are quite expensive.

Contact Details
M 59, Part I
Greater Kailash
New Delhi

F 79, Select City Walk
Saket
New Delhi


P.S. - There are many other good stores for hand-looms in Delhi, I have mentioned my personal favorite stops.

Image Courtesy - Ekaya, Raisons, Good Earth


2 comments:

  1. Nice post...you have show cased a good collection..what would be the cost of these exquisite saaris approximately?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. These are the iconic sraees of these stores. But, you will find a similar collection there. The starting price range of Ekaya and Raisons is around 10k.

      Delete

AddThis