Serious Indian Fashion Lovers cannot afford to miss Ram-Leela

If you think you will get a movie review here, I am sorry, please switch back to your work. I am the kind of person who likes almost all the movies, as I am bad at finding faults.

I watched 'Goliyon ki Raasleela Ram-Leela' this week with my dear husband. He liked it and I loved it. More than the movie, I concentrated on Anju Modi's Lehengas and Amrapali Jewellery. Though, I am already a big fan of both of them, but watching so much of their work was tonic for eyes.

You must have already read and heard so many stories about Anju Modi's costumes in the movie, the bright lehengas, gujrati style, with large flares, heavily embroideried, so much of reds and whites and it goes on. So, I will not talk about it. But jewellery, I can't skip!

Deepika Padukone looks hot in the entire movie. Along with her beautiful lehengas and royal jewellery, hair and makeup was stunning. I love Deepika's earrings, the big gold one and the chand ballis in gold and silver (by Amrapali).




UPDATE - You can buy these earrings online at Amrapali

Supriya Pathak is another attraction in the movie. She is wearing stunning tribal neck pieces layered so perfectly. I am already a fan of the dholki necklace by Amrapali and it was clubbed with so many other huge ones. Love Love Love! 'Indian', 'Tribal', 'Amrapali', how can anybody not love it.




Another thing that catches attention is the tattoo art. All females are depicted so bold enough to wear permanent tattoo from neck to toe. I love the tribal tattoo's too. Though, not planning any in the near future, I am so scared of it.



Coming to Ranvir, since I am not a fan of the actor, I will hold back my comments for him.



An excerpt from The Times Of India's Review - 



A Sanjay Leela Bhansali film is always a visual treat, and 'Goliyon ki Raasleela Ram-Leela' won't send you back hungry. Each movie slips trends into the market - with 'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam' it was net duppattas; Devdas sparked off Bengali zamindar opulence, and so on.

Next's year's festive season will mirror 'Ram-Leela', and it will be refreshing. Aesthetically, there is much self-referencing. 

You can read the rest here.





Image Source - IBN Live

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis